Best Father's Day Gift Ideas!
Gift Your Dad Ultimate Comfort
Dads do so much, and hardly ever take a break! Need ideas on how to say thank you for everything he does? This Father’s Day, it’s time for Dad to put his feet up (in his Nuknuuks of course). Give him the gift of a relaxing Sunday, because he deserves a morning filled with love and comfort!
The Perfect Men’s Slippers to Loaf Around in
Let Dad sit back, relax and enjoy a refreshing iced coffee while wearing his Ed grey slippers out on the patio while he waits for breakfast!
Simple & Delicious Iced Coffee:
-In a cocktail shaker, add strong coffee, ice, 2% milk, maple syrup/honey. Shake it all up and serve! Want to make this coffee a little Irish? Add 1 ounce of Tia Maria or Kahlúa to the cocktail shaker.
Then for breakfast, a hearty and savoury potato casserole that will make his mouth water. (See recipe below)
The Best Slippers for the Summer
To really give him the restful day he deserves, why not do a little tidying up for him while he is lounging in his Todd brown slippers. You can wash his car, clear his workspace, organize the garage… It’s a nice and helpful way to show you care.
Discover Dad’s New Favorite Slipper
Don’t let those Marco charcoal slippers leave his feet! If he has a long to-do list, running a few errands for him will help reduce his workload. That way he has time for a second helping of your potato casserole.
Slide into Summer with Soft Slippers
You helped him have a peaceful day, but what he’ll love more than anything is spending quality time with you. Between all the cooking and cleaning, make time to slip into your Nuknuuks and enjoy the day with your Dad!
Potato Casserole Recipe: 4–6 servings
-650 g of frozen breakfast-potato cubes
-Salt & pepper, to taste
-8 ounces of sliced bacon
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-2 tbsp of olive oil
-450 g of marble cheddar
-1 yellow onion, diced
-1 tbsp of oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with olive oil.
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic, then add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Grate the 450 g of cheddar and set aside.
- Defrost the potatoes in the glass bowl in the microwave for 3–4 minutes.
- While potatoes are defrosting, cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Take the potatoes out of the microwave and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, diced onions, minced garlic, pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon of oregano, bacon and grated cheddar. Keep aside 100 g of the grated cheddar. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place your potato mixture in your baking dish. Sprinkle the 100 g of cheddar over the top and bake until cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 20 minutes.