The end of the summer and the beginning of fall can be a nostalgic time for everyone. It is a time when the freedom of summer is coming to an end and the routine dictated by school and other activities must begin again. For parents and other adults, it's time to prepare for colder weather and shorter days which can sometimes be hard. It can be difficult to imagine that the warm, lazy days of summer won't be back for another 6 or 7 months.
We like to think of fall as a beautiful season that offers great opportunities to do things that weren't possible during the summer.
Here are the 5 things we love most about Fall:
- Making a fire and curling up on the sofa with a good book (and maybe a good glass of wine also…)
- Taking a walk on a brisk, sunny morning.
- Seeing the leaves change from green to gold.
- Putting away the shorts and Zaza flip flops and replacing them by comfy clothes, especially my favorite Nuknuuk sheepskin slippers.
- Putting away the BBQ and rediscovering delicious comfort food like mac’n cheese, beef stew, chili and the best chocolate chip cookies ever (see recipe below).
Chocolate chip cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
½ lb. (1 cup) butter
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
Cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Sift dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
Add chocolate chips and mix.
Place by teaspoonful on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
Bake for 8 to 10minutes.